(for even more experienced player)
Bishop, Fool, Judge, Queen, King, Witch
With 2 players, the game also uses 6 characters. Each player obtains 3 characters in front of them, one corresponding to their left hand, and the other to their right hand. Finally, the third character is placed further back between the two other, and this card is called the protected card.
Each player begins the game with 6 gold coins, and a player's money belongs to all of their characters.
As with a regular game, the first four turns must be swaps - or not. Then, on their turn, a player can:
Swap under the table one of their two cards - or not - with one of their other cards, including their protected card, or with one of the left or right cards of their opponent. It's forbidden to swap a card with your opponent's protected card.
Secretly look at one of their cards.
Place a hand on their left or right card and announce what they believe that card to be, in order to attempt to perform the corresponding action. It's forbidden to announce your protected card during on your turn.
If an opponent calls the announcement, they must do so by clearly placing a hand on one of their three cards that they believe to be the announced character. A player can call with only one of their 3 cards, but players are allowed to contest with their protected card.
- It's forbidden to swap a card with your opponent's protected card.
- It's forbidden to make an announcement with your protected card during on your turn.
- You can swap a card with your own protected card.
- You can call the opponent's announced character with your protected card.
- All the other rules from the regular 4 to 13 player game apply.